In 2009, the Kauffman Index of Entrepreneurial Activity found Montana to be the top state in the country for entrepreneurs. Within the state, the Garden City is a shining star. Missoula is definitely “Open for Business!”
As the economic hub of Western Montana and home to The University of Montana, Missoula already boasts a rich and diverse business community.
Though business services, construction, retail trade, and accommodations and food services are currently the dominant industry sectors, other areas of business, such as the growing arts and entertainment arena, help drive much of the local economy and serve as a major attraction for young professionals.
Missoula’s growing population and well-educated workforce have attracted companies large and small. Whether a business is in start-up mode, planning to expand, or looking to relocate, Missoula boasts a number of organizations ready to help Missoula businesses thrive.
Missoula’s business and economic partners include:
- Destination Missoula, Missoula’s Convention and Visitor’s Bureau
- Missoula Chamber of Commerce
- Missoula Area Economic Development Corporation
- Montana Community Development Corporation
- Missoula Downtown Association
- Missoula Organization of Realtors
- Missoula Redevelopment Agency