Go fetch!

A dog catching a mouthful of fresh Montana snow. There is one dog per every two Missoula residents, probably because it's such a dog friendly city.

Photo by Pam Voth - pamvoth.net

Pet Licensing

City/county ordinances require all dogs four months and older to be licensed, with licenses to run concurrently with your dog’s rabies vaccination. New residents must purchase a dog license within 60 days of moving into the city or county. Costs range from $15 to $90 for dog licenses.

For all the local laws regarding pets and leash laws, visit the city parks and recreation website.

CBD Dog Foods and its Regulations

Here are some regulations on CBD dog foods.... more

Sustainable Pet-friendly Living

It’s possible to lead a sustainable life together with your furry fri... more

Magic Words – for Great Dog Photos

By PAM VOTH. When I arrive at a dog’s home for a photo session, I’m... more

The Dog Days of Missoula’s Pet Ordinance

By DANIELLE LATTUGA--DOGTOWN MISSOULA. We need to get more creative about the “dog issues” that arise in our community. Responsible dog ownership doesn’t seem to be intuitive for a lot of folks. It is a l... more

Cheeto Moment

By PAM VOTH. Dogs know that sometimes when you are looking for something specific, like that tennis ball that just rolled under the couch, you often find something else even more wonderful and marvelous, like a... more

Fireworked – Dogs and Fireworks

By Danielle Lattuga--DOGTOWN MISSOULA. I know, everyone looks forward to 4th of July weekend—well at least most humans in our town do. I really don’t have much use for the rest of it. And those fireworks...... more

Ben Afraid of Thunder

ALL NEW blog by PAM VOTH--DOGTOWN MISSOULA. I approached slowly, and beckoned. He came towards me. “Do you want to go for a ride?” All dogs have magic words that make them happy. Being a Missoula dog, I gu... more

Missoula Dogs About Town

ALL NEW blog by Danielle Lattuga--DOGTOWN MISSOULA. I’ve never known life in Montana without dogs. At 22, I drove a U-haul from Vermont, my white, blue-eyed, punk rock husky riding shotgun. (He was punk rock... more

I Think I’m Gonna Like This Town

ALL NEW blog by PAM VOTH--DOGTOWN MISSOULA. The first time I met Missoula was exactly 3 weeks before I moved here permanently. My plan was just an out-and-back. Just attend the International Wildlife Film Fest... more

Living with Wildlife

Residing in Western Montana means learning to live with wildlife. In Missoula, that often includes sharing your yard with birds, raccoons, skunks, deer, black bears, and even mountain lions. The Montana Depa... more

Take a Hike

The seemingly endless hiking and backpacking opportunities in and around Missoula offer thousands of miles of trails in wilderness areas, Forest Service lands, and BLM lands. Information on hiking in the bac... more