For adults who wish to pursue a vocation that does not entail a university education, Missoula is home to several vocational schools. There are also terrific options for adults wishing to take continuing education courses.
The Rocky Mountain School of Photography
216 N. Higgins Ave.
(800) 394-7677 or (406) 543-0171
- Established in 1980 by Neil and Jeanne Chaput de Saintonge
- Programs designed for the pursuit of photography excellence for hobbyists, amateurs, and emerging professionals
- 3 tracts – career training, workshops, and weekends
- Offers intensive summer programs, as well as week-long and weekend workshops all over the country
- A pre-licensing and continuing education school in the field of insurance
- Prides itself on teaching complex insurance concepts in a lively and easy-to-understand manner
The Dickinson Lifelong Learning Center
310 S. Curtis St.
- The Adult Education Division of Missoula County Public Schools
- Provides a wide variety of classes for individuals 16 year and older
- Enrolled over 11,500 registrations in 2009
- Representative of a realization among adults of Missoula County that education is a lifelong process in our modern technological and diverse society
- Classes include business and career topics, computers, health and safety, communication, special interest, sewing, personal development, cooking and foods, foreign language, dance and fitness, arts and crafts, and GED testing
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UM (MOLLI)
32 Campus Drive
- Offers programs that promote the lifelong learning and personal growth of +50 individuals.
- A diverse collection of non-credit, short courses offered in the fall, winter and spring
- Striving to create an accessible and innovative learning environment so that individuals from all backgrounds and levels of education may pursue learning
- No exams or grades are given
- Offers cosmetology training in all aspects of hair care
- Teaches theory and practical skills related to hair cutting, styling, coloring, and shaping
- Certified by the National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences
- Provides an extensive and in-depth education in the areas of Swedish, deep tissue, and sports massage, as well as Reiki healing
- Established in 2000
- Located in the heart of Downtown Missoula
Sage Truck Driving School
9350 Cartage Rd.
- Provides professional truck driver training to students across the country
- Missoula serves as its Western Montana location
For other vocational programs in Missoula, check out our page about the Missoula College (formerly the College of Technology).