The Missoula Children and Nature is an alliance of agencies, organizations, businesses and individuals united by a common mission…
To advocate and facilitate the development of meaningful, life-long connections between children and the natural environment, aimed at improving the health of the youth and the natural world in the greater Missoula area.
Every child in the greater Missoula area will experience nature directly on a regular basis, develop healthy living habits, and connect to the natural places in our community.
- Provide children with nature experiences in our local community.
- Increase the amount of time children and their families spend outdoors in nature.
- Develop an appreciation for nature among children.
- Provide playing and learning experiences in nature nearby, our open spaces and play places.
- Connect mentors, leaders, and researchers with children in outdoor settings.
- Increase the amount of outdoor-based built and natural spaces that support and enhance connections with nature.