Editor’s note: Make It Missoula is collaborating with the Missoula Job Service to help people find local jobs so that they can move home to Missoula or continue to call Missoula home. We regularly post both job listings and job hunting and interview advice. Be sure to watch the Make It Missoula Facebook page for new job listing announcements.
A Seattle-based company seeks employees to fish and process fish on trawlers in the Bering Sea off the coast of Alaska. Work is fast-paced, intense, and very difficult. High production is required. Applicants must be able to lift 45-60 pound repetitively and be at least 18 years old. Applicants must be available to work a 75-day contract and be able to work 16.5 hours per day, 7 days a week, the entire time. A pre-employment drug test and random drug testing are required. Wages are based on a percentage of the value of the fish catch, usually averaging $1,200-$1,500 per week. Applicants must pre-register to attend mandatory orientation at Missoula Job Service on March 4 ONLY. For more information, call (406) 728-7060 or email us at email@example.com and ask about job #10108683.
A conveyor-belt trainee is needed to install conveyor belts at customer locations and to work in the shop. Some out-of-area travel with overnight stays is required. Applicants must have a high-school diploma or equivalent, be able to pass a DOT physical and a background check, have no DUIs in the last seven years, and be able to lift up to 100 pounds at times. Strong math skills and comfort working up high is needed. Employer will provide training for a good applicant with no experience. Wage is negotiable. This is job #10100724.
Staff is needed for a summer outdoor recreation program for youth and people with disabilities:
- A specialty instructor must have at least two years of experience in adaptive paddling, hand cycling, and fishing, and at least a year of experience teaching recreation-based activities. This instructor facilitates and instructs programs that include fishing, hand cycling, and water-based sports, and will work with a youth camp program and other community events. Job #10108885 pays $13.50 per hour.
- A lead facilitator needs at least a year of experience leading courses in mountain biking, rock climbing, ropes course, whitewater kayaking/rafting, backpacking, fly fishing or other adventure recreation activities. Primary duty is facilitating a camp program for youths ages 5-21 with disabilities. Wage is $9.69 per hour for job #10108992.
- Another lead facilitator needs the same outdoor experience. Duties include planning, maintaining equipment, and facilitating and evaluating programs. Wage is $9.69 per hour for job #10108928.
- Interns will ideally be students studying recreation, outdoor recreation, outdoor education or similar programs. Pay is $8.69 per hour for job # 10108916.
- A skateboard instructor must have at least three years of skateboarding experience and experience working with children, with a year of instructing skateboarding preferred. This job oversees and facilitates after-school programs, special events, and camps for youths 7-14 years old. Job #10108896 pays $13.50 per hour.
A Missoula employer has immediate need for laborers. Out of town work is required. Applicants must have valid driver’s license and be able to pass a drug test. Laborers will be doing sandblasting, high pressure washing, industrial cleaning and vacuuming. Employer is willing to train. Schedule is full-time, varied days Monday – Sunday. Wage starts at $12 per hour or more depending on experience, for job #10109118.
The same employer is also hiring a driver with a valid Class A CDL. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and will be doing sandblasting, high pressure washing, industrial cleaning and vacuuming; employer is willing to train. Wage starts at $14 per hour for job #10109117.
Check out a more complete list of Missoula Job Listings. Be sure you “LIKE” the Missoula Job Service Facebook Page for daily post on job opening. You’ll also find Missoula-area information on Job Hunting Resources, Job Hunting Tips, Job Interview Tips, tips for writing Cover Letters and Resumes.